It is an independent resource which will equip regional businesses with the skills and tools necessary to exploit the benefits of cloud technologies and big data analytics.
Through a team of cloud technology experts, the Cloud Innovation Centre:
• Partners with innovative organisations looking to upskill around the cloud agenda.
• Supports corporate agility to help accelerate regional growth.
• Addresses skills gaps through collaboration and knowledge transfer.
• Supports and identifies new business opportunities through research and development.
• Acts as a test-bed for new applications and service delivery models.
As a cooperative council, Newcastle City Council is committed to working with partners and encouraging collaboration. We want to use open and shared data to work with our communities in co-design, co-production and co-delivery of services... We look forward to continuing close collaboration and realising benefits for the residents of Newcastle from the council's investment (via the Go Digital Newcastle programme) in the CIC.
Cloud computing offers an opportunity to revolutionise IT provision from both a technical and economic perspective.
If offers hugely scalable resources on-demand. This allows organisations to construct radically different business and service delivery models.
Cloud technologies are also fundamental to the growth of “big data”. It is creating large, often complex, sets of data in almost all fields of activity, from healthcare to e-commerce.
Cloud and big data related activities can add value to businesses of all sizes across all market sectors. However, this potential can only be realised by organisations investing in the skills base.
Cloud Innovation Centre
The Core, Science Central, Bath Lane
Newcastle upon Tyne
T: 0191 208 4147